Hopefully, you’ve had an amazing summer filled with great adventures and plenty of family fun. Unfortunately, August is here, which means it’s almost the end of summer vacation and the back-to-school season is right around the corner.
Of course, this means you’ll soon be dealing with the back-to-school rush. Traveling around town to get the kids new clothes, shoes, school supplies, and a thousand other things can be a major burden. Plus, you might have to take your athlete to the doctor for a physical.
And don’t forget about your summertime dental cleaning!
So are you ready for the back-to-school rush? If not, don’t worry about it…you still have some time to get things in order.
But where to start?
Here are a few helpful tips to get you moving in the right direction so you aren’t scrambling at the last minute to beat that back-to-school rush.
Prepping for the Upcoming School Year
1. Schedule your dentist appointment RIGHT NOW. While there’s still a couple of weeks left before the school year starts, you’ll want to schedule your appointment NOW. Not only will you be able to get your family’s dental cleanings, but if additional work needs to be completed – such as a cavity filling – you’ll still have some time to get it done.
Alongside your dental appointments, check your school’s website for any immunization needs or if your child needs a physical to participate in sports. You’ll want to schedule these soon to get them out of the way and make sure to get the necessary documentation to go with it.
2. Start easing your kids into their school routines. The late nights and slumber parties were fun while they lasted, but now it’s time to study and focus on schoolwork. Kids need time to adjust to their school year schedule, so use these next few weeks before school starts to get them in bed earlier and focusing on everyday routines.
3. Ease yourself into meal prepping routines. Consider doing meal prep for you and your family to give yourself healthy food options for the week. With work, after school activities, homework, and sports all happening, meal prep can be the best way to have fresh, healthy meals available when you need them. Plus, your teeth will be happy you aren’t resorting to unhealthy food options.
4. Start shopping early and shop around for deals. Everyone knows that back-to-school items can be found cheaper if you buy them earlier. You also don’t have to deal with the long lines that always accompany the back-to-school rush. Sign up for online deal alerts to find the best places to buy certain items such as pencils or socks. For some items it’s best if you invest in quality; you may find a cheaper backpack, for example, but how soon will it start wearing down?
5. Set new goals for the school year. The back-to-school rush means everyone is eager to adjust to new schools, new teachers, new classes, and hopefully create new goals. Break the school year into quarters and help your little hero scholar decide on what they want to achieve or focus on. Reaching the honor roll? Improving in a particular subject area? Making the track team? The world is theirs with your support.
Follow these tips and your kids will be ready for the first day of school with their shiny new backpacks, pencil cases, and gorgeous, white smiles courtesy of the team at Heroes Dental.
Here’s to a great school year!