Stop having to make multiple trips to the dentist while waiting weeks for your permanent restoration to be complete. Our Heroes Dental offices all throughout South Texas offer CEREC dentistry services. You’ll be in and out of our office faster than you can say, “CEREC, please!”
What is CEREC?
CEREC technology consists of a number of tools that come together to help dentists create the perfect restoration of your tooth.
CEREC is an acronym that stands for:
Chairside – CEREC dentistry takes place while the patient is comfortably in their chair.
Economical – Tooth restoration is cost-effective for patients.
Restorations – Strong, beautiful, and fully functional, CEREC restorations work amazingly.
of Esthetic – CEREC will match your natural tooth color.
Ceramic – Most people prefer the look of all-ceramic crowns because of the materials strength and natural look.
Heroes Dental uses CEREC technology to provide you with a crown that will offer you both with strength and comfort for years to come.
What are the Advantages of CEREC Dentistry?
Patients can enjoy a wide range of benefits if they choose to take advantage of CEREC dentistry including:
- The comfort and ease of being able to have a crown created for their restoration needs in a single visit. No more missing out on work or school. No more waiting around.
- One visit means only one anesthetic injection. Stop worrying about the pain that comes with multiple visits. CEREC technology will leave your smile brighter in a single visit.
- No more having to wear a temporary crown that can fall or crack.
- Because our experienced dentists control the whole process from start to finish, you can expect improved results.
- State-of-the-art technology means much more comfortable and accurate restorations versus traditional materials.
- CEREC restorations are stronger and able to withstand more use than “old school” crowns, inlays, or onlays.
How Does a CEREC Procedure Work?
Tired of waiting weeks to fix your dental health issue? Stop waiting and come to Heroes Dental for a CEREC procedure. Quick, effective, and efficient, CEREC technology is one of the best tools in our arsenal to help fight off cavities and the likes.
A CEREC procedure will consist of:
- An exam and preparation to ensure that CEREC is the appropriate treatment for your needs.
- If you are a qualified candidate, you will then receive an anesthetic to prepare you for the procedure. During this time, the dentist will also remove decayed and weakened tooth tissue. This process is just like a traditional restoration.
- This is when the magic starts – instead of creating a mold with putty, your tooth will be coated with a non-toxic, tasteless powder and then have its picture taken with a unique digital camera designed specifically for the job.
- Next, CEREC machinery and software will help the dentist to create the crown. Using the CEREC 3D software, our dentist will design the perfect restoration for you and then have it created in a CEREC milling machine.
- Within 10 to 30 minutes, your crown is created and your dentist will take the final steps to restoration.
- The last step will involve polishing and bonding the filling or crown to your tooth.
- It’s all done and you’re ready to have a gorgeous smile once again.